One of the worst year's of my life was 2013 when Camden Better Homes refurbishment scheme, contracted out to LAKEHOUSE (no wonder they had to change the name to Wates Living Space as Lakehouse has such a bad name), worked on my neighbour's homes. See Building Work Images for photos.
The stress was so bad, I had a sroke.
1. my property was damaged by amoral scum hired by Camden on the cheap
2. no supervision of the workmen on site, who behaved appallingly
3. absolutely no respect for residents and their property
4. extreme noise and disruption to residents
5. impossible to communicate with rude workmen, many of whom do not speak English
6. constant widespread smoking by workmen on scaffolding and roofs, despite "rule" that they not smoke
7. extensive littering of cigarette butts on my roof by these workmen which Camden refused to stop happening, maybe couldn't stop happening, because they had no control over these "workmen"
8. shouting and swearing
9. no name badges despite there being a "rule" that they be worn at all times, refused to give their names
10. no information from Camden claiming "data protection"
11. no responsiblity for damages
12. unlawful trespass on private properties
How could Jonathan Upton, Tanfield Chambers, be taken seriously in property law when he has proved to be an immoral, unprofessional neighbour involved in a property dispute. He had a wardrobe built-in on our party wall with him, without any concern for the affect and no party wall agreement. I went from never having heard anything from that property to hearing and feeling extreme thudding every day. Vases on my hearth rattled. If I was downstairs on another floor I could hear it and feel it. I asked him to pay for a surveyor but he refused. I said rather than pay for a surveyor I would buy him a new wardrobe - it was that bad! He agreed to remove the wardrobe before he let the property out but did not. As the worst sort of neighbour how could he possibly be one to give advice about property law. Upton said he would not reveal this dispute with us if his property was offered for sale - that is illegal. Someone in property law should know better. Our homes are listed and that wall has been intact for 200 years - until Upton callously vandalised it. What a dark sad day for historic houses in London when Upton got posession of part of one.